The Australian Institute of Fitness is a nationally Registered Training Organisation (RTO), whose auditing and registration is managed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). As such our programs meet the strict guidelines set out by State and Federal Governments and their training bodies.
Australian Institute of Fitness is a Registered Training Organisation
It is approved to deliver the following qualifications under the Australian Qualifications Framework:
- Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30310)
- Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40210)
- Diploma of Fitness (SIS50210)
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT40312)
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management (BSB40407)
- Certificate IV in Business Sales (BSB40610)
- Diploma of Management (BSB51107)
These qualifications are nationally recognised training courses. All registered training providers across Australia will automatically recognise these qualifications issued by the Australian Institute of Fitness through the process of national recognition.
Upon successful completion of a qualification, students are eligible for a Certificate and a Record of Achievement. Upon partial completion, students are eligible for a Statement of Attainment.
The Australian Institute of Fitness complies with the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) Essential Conditions & Standards for Continuing Registration. Its most recent registration audit was conducted in 2010 and noted the following:
- Australian Institute of Fitness Pty Ltd provides training in Fitness. The target group is the general public consisting of people wishing to become professional trainers. The courses are run as full time and part time study for adult students. The institute currently operates twelve campus sites.
Strengths identified at this audit included the following:
- The RTO has a close relationship with the fitness industry and as such has developed training programs tailored to industry needs. As a result the quality of training provides students with the key employability skills that are sought by the fitness industry organisations
Under AQTF 2007, RTOs are required to collect and use data on three quality indicators, which have been endorsed by the National Quality Council (NQC). In 2011, the findings noted the following:
- An overall learner satisfaction score of 84.3% (from a sample of 687 learners)
- An overall employer satisfaction score of 87% (from a sample of 12 employers)
- An overall qualification completion rate of 83% (across all course enrolments)